Flaxseed (linseed oil), is the most concentrated source of omega-3 fatty acids found in nature. Flaxseed Oil is one of the premium sources of Alpha-Linolenic Acid (Omega 3), an essential fatty acid that can't be made by the body and must be obtained from diet. The oil is derived from the seeds of the Flax plant (Linum usitatissimum), one of the most concentrated vegetarian plant sources of Omega 3 fatty acids found in nature. Omega-3 Alpha-Linolenic Acid from Flaxseed Oil helps to support cardiovascular, immune, and skin health. This formulation offers premium, organic Flaxseed Oil, cold pressed without the use of chemical solvents.
Solgars Cold Pressed Flaxseed Oil provides a rich source of polyunsaturated fatty acids including alpha-linolenic acid, an omega–3 polyunsaturate, linoleic acid and the monosaturate oleic acid.
Flaxseed oil is derived from the seeds of the Flax plant (Linum usitatissimum), one of the most concentrated vegetarian plant sources of Omega 3 fatty acids found in nature. Studies indicate flaxseed oil helps to promote cardiovascular, immune, and skin health.
1. Flaxseeds are a a great source of fiber and work as a natural laxative. They are a great way to keep things regular.
2. Flaxseed oil contains concentrated amounts of alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), an omega-3 fat. Vegetarians and vegans often use this as a substitute for fish oil, although there are differing opinions over whether the Omega-3 in flaxseed oil is as beneficial as that in fish oil.
3. Ground flaxseed has been shown to work just as well as statins in lowering cholesterol.
4. Flaxseeds are a good source of magnesium.
5. Flaxseeds contain high levels of lignans. Lignans may protect against estrogen-dependent cancers such as breast cancer.
6. An ounce of ground flaxseed per day was shown to regulate estrogen levels in post-menopausal women.
7. Flaxseeds have been shown to protect post-menopausal women from heart disease.
8. Flaxseed decreases insulin resistance and may protect against diabetes.
9. Preliminary research in mice shows that flaxseeds may prevent or slow the spread of prostate cancer.
10. Studies in mice show that flaxseed may prevent or slow the spread of melanoma.