- 100% natural and certified organic & sustainably produce
- Naturally fabulous citrus fragrance
- Twice the potency of common citronella
- Ideal for oil burners
- Grown only on the island of Java; it is rare, meaning most insects have not developed immunity to its repellent properties
- Add a few drops to clothes/bedding wash for a boost in protection against insects
- Must be diluted; not suitable for direct contact with skin and should be kept out of reach of children
- Registered with the Vegan Society
Java citronella is at least twice as potent as the ordinary common variety of citronella; this is possibly due to the fact that it is found only in Java and is quite rare. Insects have not been able to build up immunity to it yet, as they have not been exposed to this natural repellent yet.
incognito®'s Organic Java Citronella is purely the essential oil, Java citronella oil, in it's refined form. It must be diluted at least 1 to 6 before applying directly to your skin. Keep out of reach of children.
The oil can be used in a variety of ways:
- Add to any oil diffuser or burner to keep insects away from your vicinity, and to act as a stress-relieving aroma.
- Add to any unscented cream, shampoo etc. to boost your protection against insects. For greater efficacy, use in conjunction with incognito® Spray, Suncream and/or Roll-On. Additionally, you can add the citronella oil to a base oil for massage or bathing.
- Add a few drops to your clothes (in washing-up liquid) or luggage to keep them smelling fresh as well as free of any unwanted small visitors.
In aromatherapy citronella oil is said to possess activating and warming qualities both physically and mentally. Diluted in a base oil such as almond oil, citronella oil applied to the skin produces a mild sensation of warmth – which relieves painful muscles and joints. Mentally, the aroma of citronella oil may help with nervous fatigue due to its clarifying properties. It can also ease the pressure of migraines and headaches. Citronella oil blends well with cedarwood, orange, geranium, lemon and bergamot.