Vitamin B2 is also known as Riboflavin and is required by the body to use oxygen and the metabolism of amino acids, fatty acids, and carbohydrates. Riboflavin is further needed to activate vitamin B6 (pyridoxine), helps to create niacin and assists the adrenal gland. It may be used for red blood cell formation, antibody production, cell respiration, and growth.
It eases watery eye fatigue and may be helpful in the prevention and treatment of cataracts. Vitamin B2 is required for the health of the mucus membranes in the digestive tract and helps with the absorption of iron and vitamin B6.
Although it is needed for periods of rapid growth, it is also needed when protein intake is high, and is most beneficial to the skin, hair and nails.
Solgar Vitamin B2 100mg vegetable capsules are free of corn, yeast, wheat, soy and dairy products and are formulated without the use of preservatives, artificial flavors or colors.
Solgar Vitamin B2 100mg is suitable for Kosher & Vegetarian diets.
Specialist Nutritional Information :
As a food supplement for adults, one (1) capsule daily, preferably at mealtime, or as directed by a healthcare practitioner.
Riboflavin (vitamin B2) 100mg Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline Cellulose, Vegetable Cellulose, Vegetable Magnesium Stearate, Water.
If you are pregnant, nursing, taking any medication or have a medical condition, please consult your healthcare practitioner before taking any dietary supplement.
Benefits of Vitamin B2:
Vitamin B2 is increasingly prescribed as a preventive against severe migraine attacks.
Vitamin B2 acts as an antioxidant that controls the play of free radicals. It may help in the prevention of heart diseases and cancer.
Vitamin B2 plays a supportive role in the treatment of anemia. It is also used in treating sickle cell anemia. Low-levels of vitamin B2 contribute to both of these conditions.
It minimizes the effects of cancer-producing carcinogens.
It breaks down proteins, fats, and carbohydrates, and helps produce energy.
The additional benefits of vitamin B2 include:
1. It plays a key role in keeping the nervous system, skin, eyes, mouth, and hair in good condition.
2. It keeps the mucous membranes in the mouth and bowels healthy.
3. It regulates thyroid activity.
4. It helps maintain healthy eyes and clear vision. It is also helpful in cataract prevention.
5. It is useful in preventing conditions such as acne, dermatitis, arthritis, and eczema.
6. It helps clear the skin.
7. It helps repair damaged tissues and allows wounds to heal more quickly.
8. It fosters natural growth since it is associated with protein.
9. It promotes natural immunity as it strengthens the antibody reserves and body defenses.
10. It may help in the treatment of disorders of the nervous system. It may be used in the treatment of numbness, Alzheimer’s disease, anxiety, and epilepsy.