Candida is a yeast organism (normally found on the skin, in the mouth, gut, and other mucus membranes) that causes infection when our natural resistance to its overgrowth is reduced.
You may be more familiar with the terms thrush, oral thrush, yeast infection, fungal infection – these are all Candida infections
What causes the imbalance?
The Candida organism can become capable of causing illness when your body’s ability to contain it proves ineffective and consequently allows the yeast to spread, causing an overgrowth. This can happen either internally or externally, such as on the skin and in and around the oral and vaginal cavities.
The following factors might increase the likelihood of a Candida overgrowth occurring:
* Ingestion of antibiotics from meat and animal products
* Excess consumption of sugar and sugar containing products
* Diabetes mellitus
* Mercury from mercury amalgam dental fillings
* Chlorine from drinking and bathing/swimming water
Recognising Candida Symptoms :
Listed below are common symptoms which may be your body’s way of signalling Candida overgrowth.
* Fungal skin infections like Jock Itch, ring worm or athletes foot
* White coated tongue / Oral thrush
* Food and chemical sensitivities
* Feelings of anxiety, panic attacks, feeling “blue”
* Irregular bowels; diarrhea or constipation
* Irritable Bowel Syndrome ( Note: some have had amazing results with IBS after dealing with Candida / Yeast Issues )
* Heart burn / Indigestion
* Dry mouth, bad breath
* Extreme lethargy, fatigue
* Eye fatigue, spots in front of eyes, burning or tearing eyes
* Frequent ear infections, pressure, swelling or tingling or ears
* Frequent vaginal yeast infections, persistent vaginal itching
* Poor libido
* Rectal itching
The solution to Candida Overgrowth :
Most people will get results with a sensible diet and with the help of a good quality yeast imbalance products like :
* Probiotics - The beneficial bacteria acidophillus controls candida by making the intestinal tract more acidic, discouraging the growth of candida, and by producing hydrogen peroxide, which directly kills candida.
* Garlic - Has antibacterial and antifungal properties.
* Coconut Oil - Contains 3 different fatty acids (Caprylic Acid, Capric Acid, Lauric Acid), all are effective against the Candida yeast
* Grapefruit Seed Extract - Has antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-fungal properties.
* Fibre (Psyllium Husk) - The Psyllium husk is a great source of water-soluble fiber that expands to several times its original size when mixed with water. In addition to flushing away those dead yeast cells, Psyllium is a great and healthy way to promote regular bowel movements, without the cramps that laxatives can cause.
* Pau D'arco ( Lapacho) - Another popular anti-candida herb, is often brewed into a tea. Drinking one cup per day is an easy way to harness its antifungal properties.
* Neem - Used extensively in Ayurvedic medicine, neem is known for stimulating the immune system and fighting infections and fungal overgrowth. It is also a potent detoxifier. Neem oil can also be applied topically as needed.